When we talk about an upcoming holiday or an off at the office, most of us think about laying on the bed all day long, eating pizza and watching Tv. But, there is an inner desire of doing something worth in those 24hrs of freedom. Doing something which gives you a sense of accomplishment would make ‘the off day’ memorable, wouldn’t it?
Here we share a few tips on how you can make your off day productive and live each moment of the day to the fullest.
- Wake up early: This may seem totally unacceptable but waking up early in the morning is the best thing you can do on your day off. An early morning kick start to your day gives you ample time to plan the rest of the sunlight hours and also keeps you fresh for long.
- Take a walk before sunrise: A little cold and dewy morning is a great alarm clock for the body. Going on a walk early morning, that too before the sun rises, will relax your muscles and make them more workable throughout the day.
- Read a book: Books are gateways to a new world of facts and fantasies. Your weekdays are monotonous and full of workload. Escaping to an unknown world created by books is quite relaxing for the mind and gaining little bit knowledge, be it literary or scientific, does no harm.
- Eat what you like the most: So, it’s your off day and you have quite a lot of time to enjoy your favourite cuisine. Give special attention to your meals and enjoy every bite to the fullest. This is not only pleasurable but also very satisfying and accomplishing, considering how we gulp our foods on a busy day.
- Visit an old friend: In our busy schedules, we are hardly able to take out time for that long lost friend who stays in our city, yet, we never get to meet him/her. During your holiday, try meeting an old friend and relive your memories together. At the end of the day, this rendezvous will become an unforgettable memory for both of you.
- Clean your closet: You’ve left for office in a hurry, throwing your clothes all over and rolling them up untidily, for a great part of the week. It’s time to have some cleaning done. Organise your closet properly so that your Monday morning doesn’t make you late for work hunting for the other sock of the pair.
- Get a massage: This is a must-do for all the heavy workaholics out there. Get a spa or a full body massage done whenever you get that extra time on a day off. This will not only rejuvenate your body but will also open up the complex knots of your mind which have been tightened throughout your working days.
- Give time to your hobby: One always has that one hobby to which he/she has not given enough time because of the work load and this is why it becomes all the more important to take up that particular hobby again. It is not just about the hobby but the happiness and repose which you’ll receive as an end result.
There are times when we want things to be easy for us and for that we need to make our lives easy. Lying on the couch all day long does no good for you. It’s time to make your day productive. It’s time to be fully alive when everyone seems to be wasting some precious moments of their lives. Get going!