We all are saddened by her non-presence. All are dismayed and shocked by her sudden death. Sajal Ali, who was her co-star in her recent film, “Mom”, also sent her reaction from overseas. It was a sad incident that while shooting for the film, Sajal had lost her mother. Of course, she received a lot of support from Sri Devi.
Sridevi had recorded this message for Sajal Khan after completing the film Mom. This video recorded message left everyone in tears who listened to it.
While shooting Mom, Sajal also met Jhanvi (Sridevi’s daughter). After meeting her, she called her as “sister from another mother”.
Sridevi, the veteran actor, made her come back to Bollywood after a long gap. She re-started with a gripping performance in English Vinglish. Last year, we saw her in the movie Mom, in which she tried the best to hold the gazes with her act. Although, the story was not like some “miracle of the millennia”, but it gave us hopes that, Sridevi is determined to carve an ambitious image in the industry. Just when the Indian audience, started expecting the beauty of fresh performances arriving out of her grizzled hair and maturing eye creases, she bid us good-bye.
On February 23, she had cardiac arrest which took her breath away. She was in Dubai to attend a wedding. She was 54 and as per the reports, her body has been brought to Mumbai for the cremation ceremony. All the family, well-wishers and friends are arriving at Anil Kapoor’s house to pay condolence.
In the 90s, most of us have watched either the glimpses or whole movies like Laadla, Mr. India, Judaai etc. The only thing which still mesmerizes me even after watching a lot different kind of cinema is youthful and gullible Sri Devi. As an experimental and independent actor, Sridevi played roles which districted her even from the stories of 90s sexist and misogynistic film stories. Her performances were gorgeously unforgettable. Can we ever get her innocent looks and bold acts from our heads? Actually, it would be quite hard for 90s kids.
But, the truth is here! We have lost this golden lady and below are the latest updates about her funeral, reports of toxicology, her last ventures and Bollywood land bustle:
The toxicology reports:
Her autopsy was performed on Sunday night and her body had been brought to India. Sridevi’s funeral ceremony will be held at Pawan Hans (Mumbai), Juhu, Ville Parle. A toxicology test has been done on her organs and blood to know the actual cause of death. If this test does not conclude heart attack as the natural cause of her death, they will conduct further investigation on this which may take longer to cremate her body.
If part of legal and normal procedures, if any foreigner dies in Dubai, and not admitted to the hospital, registering a police case is mandatory.
In this process, they keep the body in the morgue at Al Qudais. There, a forensic examination of the body is conducted and then it is handed over to the police. When police successfully clarify the visa of the person, an Indian representative in Dubai issues a death certificate after cancelling the passport.
Scenes Before Death: As per the records, her husband Boney Kapoor found her motionless in the bathtub, full of water. Both of them were getting ready for the dinner when she went to the washroom.
“He tried to revive her and when he could not, he called a friend of his. After that, he informed the police at 9 pm,” as mentioned by the reports.
Shock waves ran through the family, as she had not been detected with a heart problem before.
At 14.02 PM, the toxicology reports were cleared and it was clarified that she died because of a heart attack.
Some Popular B Town Tweets and Reports:
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra came at the residence of Anil Kapoor.
- Jaya Prada spoke about their warm their relationship. She also talked about Sridevi’s dream to see daughter Janhvi Kapoor make her first debut.
- Ekta Kapoor was trolled for her tweet on Sridevi’s death. “The strongest women have the weakest hearts sometimes…#RIPSrideviji,” she had tweeted. Her followers found the tweet insensitive. Further, she clarified with another tweet that, “Evil ones pls realize one percent ( as faded as my doc told me) of the population can have a cardiac arrest without any heart condition or any kind of surgery! It’s destiny not how evil rumour mongers portray!!!”.
- Karan Johar tweeted about Sridevi’s death saying “The unpredictability of life only hits us in times of tragedy …then soon after we go back to being petulant and full of ourselves….I hope we can take stock of the eventualities of life and death and then rise above our own insecurities”.
• Shabana Azmi also tweeted that she will cancel her Holi party as a mark of honour for Sridevi. “Our Holi party at Janki Kurir stands cancelled on 2nd March in the wake of Sridevi’s passing away”.