Attacking Congress president Rahul Gandhi, Union minister of Finance Arun Jaitley mentioned mere allegations against the Modi government do not prove anything. Responding to the accusations of wrongdoings, Jaitley confirmed the Rafale deal is clean and there is no doubt of cancelling it. “This could be a clean government-to-government deal. The Modi government is the cleanest government in history, whereas the UPA government of 2004-14 was the foremost corrupt,” he said in an interview with the news agency ANI.
Also Read: IAF tests Rafale from French airbase
Finance Minister also countered Rahul Gandhi in five points:
1) “The Rafale deal is clean and there is no doubt of cancelling it,” he mentioned. Jaitley added, “Indian Air Force need fighter planes, and therefore the Rafale planes are coming to India. These jets are coming to India. It will enhance the combat ability of the Indian Air Force.”
2) He said, “the question whether or not the planes were bought at a better rate or not are measured by Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG).”
Jaitley claimed that the Rafale aircraft being purchased by the Modi government, which is cheaper than the value that was negotiated by the Congress-led UPA government.
3) He reiterated the government’s position that the value of the Rafale craft cannot be disclosed “for security interest”. He mentioned that the Congress has submitted a memo before the CAG to probe the deal. “All figures are accessible with the CAG.
The Congress too has gone to the auditor. The CAG can come in valuation and therefore the truth can take off. We are going to wait,” he said.
4) Reacting to Rahul Gandhi’s attack on the Prime Minister wherever he suspect him of compromising interests of Indian troopers, Jaitley mentioned in his Facebook: “Rahul Gandhi has created absurd suggestion that the interest of Indian troopers has been compromised with. By whom? The UPA had delayed the acquisition which might have added to the military’s combat ability or the NDA which expedited the same at a lower cost.”
5) Besides this, the Minister of Finance indicated the conspiracy against the Modi government and questioned the temporal order of the statements of former French President Hollande on the Rafale deal. He mentioned Hollande’s interview to the French media comes days when Rahul Gandhi mentioned a major revealing on the Rafale deal are going to be come out presently.