The Ministry of Tourism signed a Memorandum of Understanding (Mou) with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Government for the Republic of Korea for reinforcing collaboration in the field of Tourism in New Delhi today. Shri. K J Alphons, Union Tourism Minister and Do Jong-hwan, Korean Minister for Culture, Tourism and Sports, Republic of Korea signed the MoU and authorities from the Ministry and their partners from the Korean side were present amid the signing function.
The MoU was signed by two parties desiring to reinforce and further develop the established relationship for strengthening participation in the field of Tourism.
The main objectives of the Memorandum of Understanding are:
- To grow respective participation in the tourism sector
- To build Exchange of data and information identified with the tourism
- To support participation between the travel industry partners including Hotels and Tour Operators
- To set up trade programs for participation in Human Resources Development
- To empower Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality segments
- To trade visits of Tour Operators/Media/Opinion Makers for advancement of two way the travel industry
- To trade involvement in the regions of advancement, advertising goal improvement and administration
- To empower interest in movement fairs/displays in one another country
- To advance protected, decent and economical the travel industry
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday met Honourable Mrs. Kim Jung-sook, First Lady of the Republic of Korea.
First Lady Kim is visiting India at the welcome of Prime Minister Modi. She will be the Chief Guest at the auspicious ‘Dipawali’ occasion being celebrated by the State Government of Uttar Pradesh and the ground breaking function of the New Memorial of Queen Suriratna in Ayodhya on 6 November 2018.
Ayodhya and Korea have a profound verifiable association through the incredible Princess Suriratna of Ayodhya, who headed out to Korea in 48 CE and married Korean King Suro.
In their meeting, the Prime Minister and First Lady Kim discussed about the profound civilisation and spiritual connections among India and Korea, and expanding trade in between people-to people platform.
First Lady Kim congratulated the Prime Minister for felicitating by Seoul Peace Prize. The Prime Minister said that this respect genuinely has a place with the general population of India.
The Prime Minister likewise warmly reviewed the fruitful visit of President Moon Jae-in to India in July 2018, which conferred crisp energy to India-Republic of Korea Special Strategic Partnership.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Modi has embarked on a visit to Kedarnath shiv temple on the occasion of Dipawali on Wednesday.