These are the Key Players for #India, #Sri #Lanka and #Bangladesh in this #Nidahas #Trophy.
The Nidahas Trophy is a T20I Tri series where India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh will play to grab their hands on the beautiful trophy.
These 3 teams will rely on these players to do the job; if these players fire for their respective teams then they might compete well in this series.
Bangladesh and Sri Lanka have a tough job to beat India in this Tri Series. India’s recent form in limited overs series has been dominating but without Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni India will want these players to fire.
The players to watch out for India are –
- Rohit Sharma – In the absence of Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni, India will want Rohit Sharma to step up. His form in the South African tour was really disappointing, Hit Man needs to put that poor series behind and continue his unbeaten run in T20I. Rohit is the first Indian captain to have 100% record in his first 4 matches in T20I. His form in the Sri Lankan tour was decent; Rohit will look to repeat his heroics in this Nidahas Trophy. As a captain Hit Man will look to lead the team by example.
- Rishab Pant – This youngster has impressed a lot in IPL and domestic cricket. But he hasn’t got enough opportunities to prove himself at the international level. This is the real chance to make an solid impression in front of the whole country. India is searching for a proper batsman at number 4 position, if Rishab Pant bats there and if he could bat well then that search might be over. He needs to perform consistently well to cement his place in the national side. He can be the number 4 player for India in the 2019 world cup. Pant can also be the extra wicket keeping option for Kohli in that mega tournament.
- Mohd Siraj – He had an unforgettable debut against New Zealand at home but now he should put that series behind and open the new ball with his partner Jaydev Unadkat. In the absence of Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar India will want these two youngsters to do what Bhuvi and Bumrah have done till now. Siraj is a quality pace man, he has the experience of IPL behind him. Siraj is the trump card of Sunrisers Hyderabad. His IPL captain David Warner has used him very well, now it is the time to use that IPL experience for India under Rohit Sharma’s captaincy. Siraj will be the player to watch out for.
- Axar Patel – Axar is a quality spinner but he is not a regular member of Team India. He is an only spinner from India to feature in the top 10 ranking in limited overs. Still his place is not guaranteed, that’s because of the domination by Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal. Now Kuldeep Yadav is not there so Axar Patel can use his all round skills to cement his place in the shorter formats. Axar is a quality batsman too, he can be a handy batsmen lower down the order. He can add some 15 to 20 runs that can make a difference in the end. Axar has a golden chance to seal the place in the Indian team.
- Lokesh Rahul – Lokesh Rahul had a good debut in limited overs cricket, but India experimented with him a lot, he was sent in as a number 4 batsmen but he failed to repeat his good knocks as he played while opening the innings. So he lost his place in the ODIs and T20Is. His performance in the test series against South Africa wasn’t that good. There also he failed as an opener. Now he has been selected in the Indian team for the Nidahas Trophy. But will he open with Rohit Sharma or will he bat in the middle order? That would be interesting to see. Many of the cricketing experts think that Shikhar Dhawan should have been rested alongside Kohli, Dhoni and many others. KL Rahul should the second opener with skipper Sharma. KL Rahul has done decently in the opening position and he should continue doing the same for India in this Nidashas Trophy.
This team India under Rohit Sharma is a young team. It will be good to see these youbgsters performing well for their country.
Sri Lanka is the second team in this series, but their players are also inexperienced. They are talented and now they have a golden chance to showcase their talent.
Sri Lanka did well in Bangladesh; they will look to repeat the same at their home in this Nidahas Trophy.
With their captain Dinesh Chandimal is back in the limited over cricket, Sri Lanka can put up a great fight in this series.
The Players to watch out from Sri Lanka are –
- Dinesh Chandimal – With Chandimal back in the limited overs squad, Sri Lanka has something to smile about. He was out of the limited overs series against India at their home, after winning the 1st ODI Sri Lanka were thrashed by Rohit and co in the last two ODI matches and the Sri Lankans were white washed by India in 3 match T20I series. Dinesh Chandimal is the backbone of the Sri Lankan team. He will have to hold the innings together for Sri Lanka. In the absence of Angelo Mathews, Chandimal will have an additional responsibility of batting and captaincy. With Chandimal, Sri Lanka will need the services of Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Danushka Gunathalia and Kusal Perera. Sri Lanka will rely on Dinesh Chandimal in the middle order.
- Suranga Lakmal – Lakmal is the senior most bowler now, he has the experience too but now he should use this experience and allow Sri Lanka to beat India and Bangladesh in the Nidahas Trophy. Lakmal will have to lead the bowling department in absence of Lasith Malinga. Nuwan Pradeep is also a good bowler, he and Lakmal can be lethal with the white ball. Lakmal will have to provide the breakthrough for Sri Lanka in the initial overs. Sri Lanka will look at Lakmal for quick wickets in the first 6 overs. He bowled well in Dharamsala few months ago. He should aim to repeat the same performance in this series also.
- Akila Dananjaya – He ran through the powerful Indian batting lineup with his mighty spin, unfortunately he couldn’t finish the game on the winning note for Sri Lanka. But after that he has been silent with the ball. Sri Lanka can’t afford silence from his man; he needs to contribute with the ball. If Sri Lanka wants to do well and win this Nidahas trophy than Akila Dananjaya should deliver, he is the trump card for the Lankans in this series. If Dananjaya fires than Sri Lanka might be the winners.
- Upul Tharanga – He is the senior most player for Sri Lanka, but his under performance is hurting the hosts very badly. He is a good player but he is not consistent, he doesn’t get those big hundreds. That is the main problem for Tharanga, he needs to see his own team mate Dinesh Chandimal. Chandimal is the consistent performer for Sri Lanka across all the formats. Upul Tharanga needs to fire in the series otherwise this might turn out to be his last series.
- Thisara Perera – The quality all rounder that Sri Lanka has with them now. He needs to perform well for his team, in the absence of Angelo Mathews. Sri Lanka will want Tishara Perera to deliver. He can be the finisher that Sri Lanka is looking for. He can bat at number 6 and add some handy runs for the team. Perera can be the real match winner for Sri Lanka.
Bangladesh is the last team to participate in this Nidahas Trophy.
It is the weakest team among the first two, but India and Sri Lanka can’t take them lightly. They can surprise any team on their given day.
They have a bunch of talented players but they are not experienced enough to beat India and Sri Lanka easily.
These are the players to watch out for from the Bangla Tigers –
- Tamim Iqbal – This Bangladeshi opener is the best for his team right now. He has skill, talent, temperament and experience. The only thing that is lacking is his consistent performance in the top order. If he does that in this series than Bangladesh will be on top. He should captain Bangladesh in this Nidahas Trophy. Shakib Al Hasan has been ruled out of the series due to injury. So Tamim Iqbal can replace him Shakib as the captain in limited overs format. Tamim has the experience and he can use that in his captaincy. Captaincy is a responsibility that can bring out best in someone, this can go with Tamim too. If he captains Bangladesh then his batting skills may also improve. He will bat with more responsibly. This will be good for Bangladesh. He also has the support of Mushfiqur Rahim and other member. Tamim will be the player and may be the captain to watch out for.
- Mushfiqur Rahim – He is the senior most player in the Bangladeshi camp. He is the middle order pillar for his team. He can be a good support to Tamim Iqbal as senior pro. But he needs to contribute heavily with the bat in this series. Bangladesh have not won a single T20I match against India, everytime their batsmen disappoint them. They can change this record, for that players like Mushfiqur Rahim needs to step up. In the absence of Shabib Al Hasan, Bangladesh will want Rahim to deliver. The middle order will be relied on Rahim.
- Mustifizur Rahaman – No one can forget his debut series against India, his awesome spell of fast bowling allowed Bangladesh to win their first ODI series against the powerful Indian team. If delivers that same performance than Bangladesh can win their first T20I match against India and maybe their first series win away from home. Mustifizur has a golden chance to create history for Bangladesh. He needs to find his old rhythm back. If he does so then Bangladesh will be the winners of the Nidahas Trophy.
- Mahmudllah – Another a gem of a player in the middle order. Bangladesh will want Mahumudllah to fire with his senior partner Rahim. This duo can do wonders for Bangladesh. They have the experience, skills and all that stuff that they must just go and perform well.
- Taskin Ahmed – Another quality pacer from the Bangla Tigers. He has done a decent job for Bangladesh so far. But his team demands him to do more. Ahmed and Rahaman can be the dangerous new ball bowlers for Bangladesh. But they need to use that skill very wisely against India and Sri Lanka, they are the top teams in the world and both have won the T20I world cup once. Ahmed has done well against India, he will look to carry that good form with good intensity.