The Men in green will take on each other tomorrow at Edgbaston.
Pakistan should win this contest to stay alive in the competition and South Africa is well placed with India after winning their 1st match against Sri Lanka on Saturday.
Ahead of this crucial encounter Pakistan have lost their premiere fast bowler Wahab Raiz due to injury. He sustained that during the 1st match against India on Sunday.
But the Pakistanis have lot to think of before the game. Coach Mickey Arthur and captain Sarfraz Khan said Pakistan should have something to offer otherwise they are in danger of being kicked out this edition of the Champions Trophy.
The Proteas are in good nick, they defeated the weak Sri Lankans in style. Apart from their series loss to England, South Africa is in good form and they have a balanced side to take on Pakistan tomorrow.
South Africa is one of the contenders to win this year’s ICC Champions trophy and they are on the way of getting there. After defeating The Lankans, South Africa will want to defeat Pakistan and seal the semi final spot of this edition of the ICC Champions Trophy.
- South Africa Vs Pakistan head to head – Pakistan have a big mountain to climb against the Proteas. In 72 ODIs played so far Pakistan has managed to win just 24 of them and South Africa has majority of wins with 47.
- South Africa Vs Pakistan in England – Pakistan has lost both the matches against South Africa in England. They have played 2 and lost both.
- South Africa Vs Pakistan at Edgbaston – In Edgbaston too, the Pakistanis have played one ODI against South Africa but they have not won.
Here are the players to watch out for Pakistan Vs South Africa match in the Champions Trophy 2017.
- AB de Villers – 360 degrees will have an important role to play for South Africa. His presence on the field will boost his team to do well. After failure against Sri Lanka ABD will be eyeing this opportunity to score some big runs against Pakistan. If AB manages to fire with the bat then there is no chance that Pakistan would win this game.
- Hashim Amla – After an excellent season of IPL, Amla set the champions trophy on fire by scoring a magnificent century against Sri Lanka on Saturday. Against Pakistan dependable opener will eye another hundred his team to a winning position.
- Kagiso Rabada – This young pacer has impressed every one with his bowling. In IPL too he was impressive. Against Sri Lanka he didn’t have much to do but then also he picked up 1 wicket. Now he will have to continue the same performance against Pakistan. his skills with the new ball will change the Pakistanis. Rabada and Morris are the perfect new bowlers for South Africa in these England conditions.
- Chris Morris – He can be the terrific all rounder for South Africa in shorter formats. Everyone has seen his hard hitting ability in IPL 207 for the Delhi Daredevils. He should continue that match power striking for South Africa also. If Morris could add some 25 to 30 runs lower down the order that will be the bonus for South Africa.
- Sarfraz Khan – Now Sarfaraz will have a huge responsibility of captaining the side. His side failed miserably against India in their 1st game on Sunday. But they should come up and compete against South Africa otherwise everything will be lost.
- Azhar Ali – Played a decent knock against India, but he was consuming a lot of balls that was hurting Pakistan. Now he needs to play freely and not allow the run rate to get higher. Azhar Ali and Ahmed Sehzad gave a decent start against India unfortunately they couldn’t capitalise on it. Against South Africa Azhar Ali will have to dominate and convert the stat into big one.
- Sohaib Malik – Played a breeze innings against India, but he failed to take his team through. His experience will help Pakistan to get over this bad situation and Sarfraz should seek his advice. He will have to play as senior player now for Pakistan.
- Mohd Amir – A great bowler for Pakistan in these conditions, but India was a better than him. India opener took him apart and smashed him on Sunday. He was expnsive in that game. But against batsmen like Hashim Amla, AB De Villers, Fuf Du Plesi, JP Duminy and Decock, Amir needs to bowl well. A lot will be expected of him in absence of his senior pro Wahab Raiz.
The playing XI of South Africa –
South Africa might go with the same squad that faced Sri Lanka few days ago.
AB de Villiers (captain), Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), Jean-Paul Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Imran Tahir, Keshav Maharaj, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Wayne Parnell, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius and Kagiso Rabada.
The playing XI of Pakistan –
In absence of Wahab Raiz, Junaid Khan might replace him.
Sarfraz Khan (captain and wicketkeeper), Ahmed Shahzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Faheem Ashraf, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail, Hasan Ali, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Mohammed Amir, Mohammed Hafeez, Shadab Khan and Shoaib Malik.