After thrashing England in the 5 match test series, The Aussies will take on the visitors for 5 match ODI series starting from tomorrow.
England had a miserable test series against Australia, the visitors lost the 5 match Ashes Test series 0-4.
Now Eoin Morgan will have to lead this England side to victory in the 5 match ODI series played at MCG starting tomorrow.
England suffered a huge loss under Joe Root’s captaincy in test matches but now Morgan will have a huge task ahead of him. He should beat the Aussies in their own backyard.
The visitors will want to fight and prove they are the best team in the 50 over competition.
England will want these 5 players to fire for them, if they don’t than England will lose this One Day series also.
The five players to watch out for the England team are –
- Eoin Morgan – The England ODI captain will have to do what Joe Root, the test captain couldn’t do, he will have to lead the team well and with that he will have to score runs. Joe Root did bat well but he couldn’t get those big hundreds which England needed the most. Now Morgan should learn from this and he shouldn’t repeat those mistakes. Morgan will have to lead this batting side of England. Apart from Root and Morgan no batsmen have the experience to bat in Australia. So Morgan will hold the key for the visiting team. If he plays well than England will have a chance of winning the series.
- Joe Root – The test captain is the backbone of England in all the three formats. Like Steve Smith, Root will be the key in the 5 match ODI series for England. Now Root should step up and score those daddy hundreds in the 50 over format. Joe Root will hold the key for the visitors. The modern day great will have to do what the other greats have not done till now.
- Jos Buttler – The most dangerous wicket keeper batsmen for England in ODIs. He can be the first Adam Gilchrist for England in the limited overs format. But for that he should deliver for his team at that batting position which requires more sensible approach. Buttler will have do what other wicket keeper have been struggling to do it now a days. Buttler has many records to his name and now this is the time to deliver and score another fastest hundred for England. He will be the player to watch out for England.
- Adil Rashid – The lone spinner that England has in their ODI squad. After failure of Moen Ali, the onus is on Adil Rashid to bowl well. Ali failed to deliver with the bat and the ball for England in test matches. Eoin Morgan has gone with Rashid, now it’s upon Rashid to prove his worth.
- Alex Hales – England openers failed in the Ashes Test series, they needed some good starts but Cook and Stoneman failed to provide that. Now in the One Day series, Alex Hales and his partner Jason Roy will have to give the team a good start to their innings. This will help the middle order and the lower order batsmen to step up and score more runs in their allotted 50 overs.
On the other hand the hosts will want to be in unbeatable run at home. Australia were all over England in the Ashes Test series. They would want to win another series under Steve Smith’s captaincy.
These 5 Aussie players will hold the key in the 5 match One Day International Series.
The 5 players to watch out for in the Australian team –
- Steve Smith – The skipper is the back bone of this Australian side, he will have to continue what he did in the test matches. His form will be crucial for the Aussies to clinch the One Day series, but he fails than Australia will be under big trouble. Steve Smith will be the deciding factor for Australia in this ODI series.
- David Warner – The Dangerous Warner will be more dangerous in the format which he is most comfortable in. David Warner is the most dangerous openers in the world today. He is the one who can take the game away by his explosive batting. Australia will need him to fire in this One Day Series. He is the one who can take the game away from England.
- Aaron Finch – Another explosive opener from Australia. Finch plays only the limited overs format, but he is the key player in the Australian camp. Aussies will want Finch to play well as he did against India. Finch will be the player to watch out for the Aussies.
- Adam Zampa – The lone spinner in the Australian ODI squad. He is the key bowler and most trusted bowler in the ODIs for Australia. With Nathan Lyon doing very well in the test matches, Steve Smith will want Adam Zampa to be the crucial factor in this series. Zampa will be the X factor for the hosts.
- Marcus Stoinis – He has been the good all rounder for Australia. He played well in against India but he didn’t get that desired support that’s why Australia lost the One Day International series 1-4. Now at home Stoinis will be more lethal along with Starc, Hazlewood and Mitchell Marsh. If Stonis plays well than he can be the permanent member in that ODI squad of Australia. This is the golden chance for Stoinis to cement his place in the squad. He is a good all rounder but now he should prove his worth.
The first One Day International will start tomorrow at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.