The 11th edition of #IndianPremiereLeague is just 1 day away.
Indian’s biggest cricket carnival is going to start in just 1 days time, the 11th season of Indian Premier League is starting from April 7th 2018.
With Rajasthan Royals and Chennai Super Kings back in the IPL, this season will get the old taste once again.
But the saddest part is that Gujarat Lions and Raising Pune Supergiants won’t take part in this tournament.
Another saddest part of this season would be the exclusion of Steve Smith and David Warner from the IPL.
After Cricket Australia banned these two for 12 months, BCCI also decided to ban these two players from this cash-rich league.
One can follow this breaking news here – https://www.india-aware.com/sports/cricket-australia-announce-verdict/
Here are the Players to Watch out for this season of Indian Premier League –
- Dinesh Karthik – The new sensation in Indian cricket, the way he finished the last match of the Nidahas Trophy is the exact way that KKR will want to win games in this season. DK will captain the Kolkata Knight Riders team in this season. He will captain a side for the first time in his career, so it will be interesting to see how he goes about his job. Dinesh Karthik will hold the key for KKR in the middle order. His new finishing skills will boost their confidence surely.
- Ravichandran Ashwin – The new captain for Kings XI Punjab, like DK, Ashwin will be captaining for the first time in his career. KXIP has performed well in the last two seasons but they haven’t come close to winning the IPL title. Ravi Ashwin will have to change that when he takes on the field as the captain of Kings XI Punjab. He will have to deliver as a captain and a bowler if KXIP is aiming to clinch the Indian Premier League title this time around. He needs to fire with the bat also; he can score some useful runs in the later overs that will help KXIP to come good as a team. Ashwin is the man who can take the KXIP team to victory.
- Ajinkya Rahane – Rahane is a fine T20 player everyone knows it but sadly very few noticed it over the years. Now Rahane will be the in charge of Rajasthan Royals in this season. Rahane has captained India for 1 test match against Australia at Dharamsala and India ended up winning that test match comfortably. He has the captaincy skill that’s why Rahane has been named the replacement of Steve Smith as the skipper of Double R’s. But his batting shouldn’t bother the Rajasthan Royals team, his form will be crucial for them to do well. After winning the first season in 2008, RR hasn’t been upto the mark. Will Rahane change that? only time will tell.
- MS Dhoni – A much-awaited man is back from the much-awaited team, MSD is back in yellow and Chennai Super Kings are back in the 11th edition of the Indian Premier League. He will be back as the leader of his side. After being dropped as a captain in the last season, MS Dhoni will be captaining the CSK side for this 11th edition of the IPL. His comeback has brought delight to the fans all over the world because many believe that no one can match MS Dhoni’s leadership skills. CSK is the only side till now to defend an IPL title and MSD is the only captain in 10 years of IPL to do so. This and many more unique records are set by Mahi in his wonderful IPL career. MS Dhoni’s presence in the middle order will do wonders for his team in this season. Chennai Super Kings looks the strongest team on paper but they need to perform like the season of 2010 and 2011. After openers, MS Dhoni is the man who will hold the key to success for CSK. MS Dhoni should bat at number 4 to improve their chance of winning. If he does that then there is no stopping CSK.
- Washington Sundar – He bowled well in the Nidahas Trophy, his economical bowling figures earned him the man of the series award. He needs to continue his good form when he plays this edition of the IPL for RCB. He also played well for Raising Pune Supergiants in the last season. RCB has been struggling to do well, if Sundar could do something special then it would be a big achievement for the youngster.
- Kane Williamson – The New Zealand skipper is all set to captain the Sunrisers Hyderabad for this season. The Sunrisers Hyderabad team will miss the services of David Warner so much that they will need Kane Williamson’s batting heroics to see them lifting the title once again. Williamson is modern era legend just like Kohli, Root and many others. He has performed well in the last season. But now he needs to stand up tall as a captain of SRH team. He also needs to guide his young bowlers well in the middle overs. Kane also holds the key in the middle order for that he should be the number 3 batsman for SRH. If he does so then he will have time to control the innings well that will certainly boost SRH to do well. Williamson should be the leader by example for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- DJ Bravo – The dancing Bravo is back in yellow again, after playing for Gujarat Lions in the last season Bravo will be in as an all-rounder for CSK this season. Bowling with the new ball and in the depth overs Bravo also holds the key with the bat. His power hitting will do wonders for Chennai Super Kings. Like MSD holds the key in middle overs, DJ Bravo will also hold the key in later overs. His quick 20 to 30 runs in final overs will make a big difference to the total that can be the deciding factor in the match. Bravo is the main player to watch out for.
- Andrew Tye – Good bowler from Australia, he is the one who took a hat-trick in the last season of the IPL. That time he played for Gujarat Lions and now he will represent Kings XI Punjab. He holds the key with the new ball for KXIP, but he needs to be economical as a bowler and he should compliment well with his new captain Ravichandran Ashwin. His 4 overs will be crucial for KXIP in this season.
- Jos Buttler – The finisher from England, Jos Buttler is the most dangerous batsmen in limited overs cricket. He is the best finisher in world cricket right now. Mumbai Indians opened with him in the last season but many think that is not a great idea; RR should send Buttler as a finisher in this season. He can do the job in no time for his team. Buttler can be the player to watch out for in this season.
- Imran Tahir – The best spinner that CSK has with them right now. He was the trump card for Raising Pune Supergiants last year and now he will be in action again for Chennai Super Kings. As Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh and Karan Sharma aren’t that good enough, the onus would be on Imran Tahir to bowl well in the middle overs. Chennai’s fate may decide on Imran Tahir’s bowling. If he bowls well than CSK has a chance of doing well. Tahir will be watching out for this.